Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, August 03, 2009

Ass Over Tea Kettle

.
Well it was boind to happen and I did it. I went ass over teakettle while biking with my son last Thursday evening. We had done a couple of hours on some really great mountain bike trails in Guelph. It was a hoot. We were riding the Royal Recreation Trail and a number of guerrilla trails, foot paths and mud holes. We had to portage a few times, including having to pass our bikes up onto an old abandoned, bridge. It was so much fun and for the most part I was able to moderatly keep up with my son.
.
We decided to take the paved road back using the bike lane. There was a long gradual down grade which allowed us to attain a very good speed. At the bottom, my son jumped a curb and so like a duffus, I tried also. Well one must never hit an obstruction at 45degree angle. The handle bars were yanked from my hands as I hit a dead stop and went ass over teakettle onto the sidewalk. I banged and cut myself up pretty good. I couldnt move my hands by evening but a good sleep restored much. I was finally able to play my guitar yesterday, but only one song....teehee...a rendition of Beatles "Why Dont We Do It In The Road"...how fitting. I have a very nast cut on my knee and some nice road rash on my leg. My shoulder, and my left thumb and both wrists are painful.
.
I cant wait to get back in the saddle. My expectation is sooner than I am ready. No really, I think I will rehab on my bike. I will take it slow and easy on the nice bike paths and I'll hold off on harder stuff until my strength returns. The truth is I miss it. I miss the wind in my hair. I miss the feeling of a glide and I miss the huff and puff of a little incline. My son Dylan has found more trails for us.
.
peace and fellowship

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!