Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Wednesday, August 05, 2009

At the Foot of the Cross - Beauty for Ashes

At The Foot Of The Cross (Ashes To Beauty) Music and lyrics by Kathryn Scott

I recorded this a couple of months ago. I love the song. I have been reflecting on cosmology and religious type views and realize that I am quite comfortable with a Kingship/Servant model. When the Holy Spirit entered my body it was part and parcel of my experience with Jesus. I have to say that I am uncomfortable with calling myself a christian. I am very comfortable with calling myself a lover of Christ. I consider Him to be my coming King and I am a servant. One day, I will bow before Him and I would consider that a great honor. In the quietness of my thoughts and dreams, I am a son of Abraham and he responds when I call him father. I am a musician in King Davids Court and I sing praises to God. I am a seafarer and a fisherman and smell the Atlantic ocean. I am a vessel. I am filled with the Holy Spirit and I am born again. I am on a mission to extend love and fellowship to ALL regardless of culture,religion or and beleifs. I am here to understand and to learn and to grow. I am tired of our differance and I am more interested in how we are united. I am interested in joyfully joining with all people who love God, or Spirit or Source or Allah or WaheGuru or whatever name you want to call him. I am interested in how we all perceive Him..how we chose to worship Him....what knowledge of Him means to us. I am not in any position to judge. I am a bridge. I am a rainbow.

5 comments:

  1. Brother! That's wonderful! Thanks for sharing. I used to listen to a LOT of Cat Stevens and your voice reminds me of him... Bet you do a mean Cat Stevens or shoudl I say Yusuf Islam?

    Funny... He quite the business at the height of his fame to pursue a relationship with God. This makes him an very interesting person to me. He chose Islam over other religions. Guess we all have to follow the Voice to where it leads us.

    Quoting a wonder actress I spoke to about Spirituality and life: "Creator gives us what we need."

    never stop searching. Who knows what you will find?

    P.........................

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is my musical hero.... This is an hour long but it is free and I think that you, Don, will get much from it. Can you imagine being the biggest rock star and walking away from it all to nurture a relationship with the Creator? One man did. One man.

    LINK: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6157965900354777626

    Your Brother in art,

    P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw an interview lately with Jousef and he sang a song from an upcoming new album. I dont know the age of the video, but I suspect he has or will release another. He spoke of how he dropped it all for the sake of his relationship. I too was proud of him. Such courage and love and conviction. I respect him greatly.

    I dont have high speed here, so I'll view your link at a buddies place. I think he taped the interview so maybe I can post it if it isnt already posted.

    Thanks for the kind words and principle number three....nurturement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Him ? or Her? Mother Nature or Father time? Love Light have no gender.

    ReplyDelete
  5. good point.I have been taught gendered diety, yet when I ponder it with my heart I have to agree. The Holy Spirit that guides me and talks to me and beckons me is definately not gendered. I feel the warmth and love of a mothers heart and the strength and courage of a fathers hand. I feel a wholeness and feelings that are far beyond gender. I guess gendering helps me to understand yet perhaps then limits my understanding. I love the modeling of Father and Son and what that means to me, Yet I embrace the ever creative goodness and self giving love of mother earth. Her embrace and continous sustinence provides for us. Gender, I reckon, stirs differant feelings and emotions, yet doesnt capture the fullness of God. Thanks for reminding me that anon

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!