Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Saturday, December 05, 2009

Petroglyphs Provincial Park



My sister and I drove to Petroglyphs Park. I am such a cowboy. I figured we would drive there, hop the gate and have a self guided tour...WRONG. Well not too wrong.

We parked at the locked front entrance and hiked,,,and hiked,,,and hiked to the back of the park. We got to a big chainlink fence with a big no admittance sign. There behind the locked fence was a big locked building. It became very obvious that this was not going to end in success.

We looked down at the gravel below us and there were many amayuar artists reditions of the Petrglyphs carved in the gravel. Of course with weather, water and time, these were hard to see. Teehee, they too were fascinateing even though they were probably only a month old!

Anyway, my sister and I made a date to return. This time, I am going to make the proper arrangements. I think I will contact an elder or the band office up at Curve Lake Reserve. I will tell them my story and I will beg for a teacher to meet us there or perhaps we can take part in a ceremony. I intend to see these Petroglyphs and I intend to see them in person and up close.

On my way back, I stopped at Alderville. I like Smokes gift house. There are some AJ Devries paintings there that I enjoy. He is a great young artist that has caught my eye. I also bought a new medicine pouch to replace the one that was stolen from me. The attendant told me they have ceremonies at the Petroglyphs Park and that if I talk to the right person I can be invited. I also noticed a number of new business in Alderville. It looks like a nice community.

Anyway...so close and yet so far. I will rely on my Gods amazing grace and serendipity to complete the journey. Stay tuned for Part Three.

1 comment:

  1. Definitely worth seeing. Went for a day tour and came back for an evening educational experience! Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!