Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, December 03, 2009

Question From The Newby

Ok so I finished the painting for the college student and he is really really excited. He told me that I captured his Minds Eye perfect....what a joy!

So here is the question. How do I finish the painting. Do I treat it with anything or spray on anything to help preserve it? It is raw acrylic paint on canvas over particle board(I presume)

If any of you paint masters know the answer or any better suggestions I am all ears.

peace

3 comments:

  1. Plastic on canvass should last 100 years without problems Don - no need to do anything but title and sign the back...but please not in black dry brush!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hint and humour...I love it.
    I will use pencil on the back only.

    I was told by an artist that my W signature doesnt cut it. She suggested I use my full name...interesting.
    dw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just sign it man.... Good to go.
    P.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!