Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, April 19, 2010

Joy Beyond Curcumstance

I led the worship music last sunday. We were beginning a new series on Philipians. So I gave it a read and a ponder. I felt that joy beyond affliction or curcumstance. As Paul drives home the point to REJOICE...again I say REJOICE, its hard to imagine that he is in jail. I got a chuckle because he was pleased about the fact that he had the opportunity to witness to a jail keeper.........and so it is, this life in the spirit.

We must find joy in our curcumstance.......well no thats not really what I mean. What I mean to say is life in the spirit is joy, regardless of curcumstance.

shalom

4 comments:

  1. oh ya, I wanted to talk about how everyone came to church on sunday with this same kind of uplifting joyful attitude. Worship was great and as usual there was a wonderful acompaniment of fine musicians......Our numbers are up to 125ish on a sunday morning. There is much community being built here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh ya, I forgot to mention that the coffee bar is now open at the "church" It was a beer bar, then a crack bar and now a coffee bar. Oh and yes, we drink coffee during the service. There are even some who take smoke breaks. We are a wonderful ragtag army and we are learning to REJOICE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I especially like the latte, and I will go on record as saying that pastor Richard makes the best! I cant belive I even said latte let alone chug one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. all right all right all ready...Why didnt I just put all this in my post to begin with?

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!