Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Monday, July 19, 2010

Bad Things Happen to Good People

So I've been on thre phone all morning trying to insure that my house closes today. There are a pile of penalties and expenses now because of my buyers failure to close. I was told that the lawyers will all want more and even the vendor of mynew house is entitled compensation. I am told that I must claim all this and then make my buyers responsible. My lawyer and I spoke about that, and all it will do is cause further delay. I told her that perhaps we make them aware of my expenses and ask them how much they could contribute. I dont want to bicker about rights and justice. I just want to move into my house. The lawyer then siad "You know Don, Sometimes bad things happen to good people" I smiled.
As flipant as that was.......it was the best "advice" I've had. Bad things happen to good poeple....Its as simple as that. When I tally all the bad crap that has happened to good people, it makes you wonder. hahaha, my wife said "what are you going to do now?" I laughed and said "I'm gonna pray to God that crows peck out the eyes of those responsible"...we laughed.....just joking by the way although, Jesus said that if I thought it, I may as well have done it!

2 comments:

  1. 1. - "As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he"... i.e. Thinking, seeing, hearing anything without emotional absorption is only the "brain mechanism" doing its mechanical thing. Think what you will...but feel it only if it is Sacred to you.

    2. "And we know that - in all things - God works for the good of those who love him"... (including bad things).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Romans 12:14-16-ish
    14 Bless those who make you want to stick sharp pencils in your eyes in anguish; bless them and do not think up 100 things you'd like to do to them. 15 Rejoice with those who don't have a packed up van with all their stuff in it; mourn with those who only have one form of ID. 16 Live in harmony with one another after you screamed into a pillow.

    (((hugs)) Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!