Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Beaver Sticks!


As I mentioned before, my wife and I are gatherers. We take delight in gathering. One object of my wife's desire are stray beaver sticks. The beavers chew the bark off tender and not so tender shoots. They then get caught in the river currents and find themselves scattered along the banks. It is my job to collect these for my wife. I am amazed at the beauty of each piece. You can see the chew marks like the beaver was chewing corn on the cob. The wood is also nice looking when freshly chewed. Any way, my wife knows there will be a purpose to all this and some day we will both know. In the meantime, I have a growing collection of fire starter...teehee.


I looked at these 2 beaver sticks and thought immediately THE BEAVER TAUGHT THE NATIVES HOW TO MAKE A BOW AND ARROW! I shared my story and hypothesis with a friend who thought that maybe I was stretching it a bit. Still, I can't get over the feeling that the Beaver inspired the Bow and Arrow.
As I saw these two pieces beside each other the light bulb went off. I immediately fashioned a bow and arrow in my mind. I know..you are saying...that's because you already know about the bow and arrow. I will grant you that, but dream and scheme with me here.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!