Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Remembering Part Two

I posted a blog on Remembrance November 13. I was reflecting on the war experience and how through that I had learned much about my "foe". I suppose for me, the highlight of that reflection was how grateful I was to be united with my "enemy". I hate using that word because that is old language. That is backward language. Jesus told me to Love my enemy for a reason. Because with Love, there is no enemy.
http://keepupwithdon.blogspot.com/2010/11/remembering.html

My cousin in Germany read my post and was grateful. She shared this picture with me. It is in Breslau. This is where my family was settled. Notice please how I said "my family". At the time of the war, Breslau was part of East Germany. My family were Germans living in their beautiful little German village. After the war, my families homes and lands were given to Poland. My family was evicted and became "homeless". It would be easy to harbor resentment towards the Polish people. Instead, my cousin sent this picture.

Wir vergeben und wir bitten um Vergebung
We forgive and we ask for forgiveness.

This is written in front of a church in Breslau, our families old home prior to 1945. My German family has embraced forgiveness as the only way to a beautiful future. These words inscribed in front of this church contain the greatest of wisdom. Wisdom that is so difficult to follow in the face of anger and hatred.

We all need to forgive and in so doing will receive forgiveness....love....peace....contentment.....joy.....
That is Spirit math...exponential beauty



No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!