Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Last Days of Ice Fishing

We fished pretty much all aftyer noon and into the evening with no luck. Dead. Not even a sniff. With one more day left in the season, I decided I would relocate to my house.
I loaded up my hut on the sleigh using my winch.
I cleaned up all my mess and headed on home for the last evening fish 
I set up my hut in front of my house, right beside an inbound stream.
We were 15 feet from open water, yet the ice was still over 2 feet thick. I had a hunch about this spot.

On the final evening we caught a pike, a ling, and a pickerel.
We had a massive fish fry up at the house, and ended the season on a high note.
  
Yesterday after work, I went and retreived my hut. They are lined up, waiting for another season.

This was a great season! I learned how to eat and like fish. We had fish dinners twice a week. All in all we (the team) caught about 60 pickerel. We learned that the prime time is at sundown, so we were able to devote a couple hours a night as part of our routine. Many nights we got skunked and many nights we were succesful. All in all it was a great season. Now we shall watch the ice melt on the river.

I cant wait to put my boat back in the water!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!