Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Thursday, May 26, 2011

Hummingbirds

We noticed a hummingbird fly by, so Sue quickly prepared the feeder and hung it up. Within 30 minutes we had a visitor. Its wings beat so fast you cant see them. This one pershed. They dont seam to want to share. We had three at one time and they took turns.

This morning, the hummingbird was perching on some branches. It let me get right up to the window to take this picture. I know he saw me. It was a thrill to stand within feet of this wonderful little creature.

Jeesh, I should get a better camera. Sue and I have been talking about it. We have been using point and shoot $100.00 digitals. They have worked wonderfully well as they get beaten up and abused a lot. I rekon if we got a good one, we would have to treat it with respect. By the way, I just broke the camera I got at Christmas.....sat on the lens...not good.
NiMH batteries have been performing like a dream and I bought a set of SONY rechargable NiMH and they are the BEST I have ever seen...well worth the price...almost supernatural!

Cheers to Hummingbirds and Point and Shoots 

1 comment:

  1. haha..figured this little guy out. He sits by the feeder and chases away any male. There is a persistant male that keeps returning and this little fellow is not willing to share. Consequently, he has to stand guard in the cold and drizzly rain. I suspect its more about the ladies. I think he is trying to use this abundant source of food as the lure for a mate....sounds reasonable

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead....Make my day!