Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Sunday, May 29, 2011

Peace


There is no way to peace.
Peace itself is the way

I friend posted this on FB and it sparked my thought. We each bear the personal responsibility of peace in our lives. Peace is an action that begins right at home, in our lives and in our very beings. We often talk about peace as some glamorous thing that we should try to attain. Its almost like peace is this great ideal that we should technically have, yet I am not sure we really understand the responsibility we each have to MAKE peace. Peace doesn't happen on its own, and strangely, peace can be achieved in the most unpeaceful situations. Peace begins as a state of being and then shared with the world. We are quick to point out that sometimes there must be war, before there can be peace. The thought is we need to fight for peace. I might suggest that fighting for peace is like fu^&%$ing for virginity, yet it is a little more complicated that. Jesus told me to turn the other cheek, but we are also told to fight for what is right. I think we perhaps jump to the fight much too quickly. I think that if we live and practice peace in our own lives, then we will find, that we found the way. There is no way to peace, other than through peace itself.

Peace is fostered as we see the world through LOVE's eyeglasses. Have you ever noticed how you look at someone you love and the feelings you feel inside and the resulting peace. Now discover that the entire world and ALL people of ALL nationalities and ALL cultures are worthy of LOVE and peace is completely attainable. When we LOVE, there is peace. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!