Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation


Exploring the Arts and My place in Creation - - - - - - - - Please visit my art blog at www.digidoodle.me


Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Culinary Delights - A Taste of Heaven




wOw..its like art. Sue prepared us a salad from our garden. The plants have now begun to produce enough for daily consumption. There are so many types of greens here. They all taste unique in their own way. There are beet leaves, endive lettuce, swiss chard, two types of kale, leaf lettuce, collrobi, basil, colliflower, dill and a whole host of herbs. There are even more.,,,I need to go read the labels again. Absent from the line up is Spinach. We love spinach, but it just never made it into the garden.

The beans and peas have sprouted. The potatos are kicking butt! We have a few types of plants that dont seem to be happy. We will research that a bit. We would be best if we concrentrated on those things that do produce. Edible Leaf plants are awesome to grow and produce well, but you have to eat them right away.

We were over to see our friend Richard and told him that soon he must come daily for fresh greens. He is a bachelor and by his own admittance does not eat proper. He knows he needs the greens, so we are hoping he takes advantage. Pete too. He eats better than Richard, but still eats a lot of prepared foods. Jeesh, my own diet needs these too! Its easy to fall in the trap of eating stuff that really has no goodness in it. There is so much "filler" on the market. So many hidden things that are actually a detriment to us.

I think this garden is very important to our new way of life. It is one more way that one can live off the land and enjoy the creators provisions. We will be blessed for our labor and our desire to share and our garden will flourish. I call it Gods math. Everything we need is within our reach. We need only to reach out and take it, share it and be thankful for it. Its a spirit of multiplication, creativity and promise.

All praise, honor and glory to You, oh God.
You alone created the heavens and earth
and You reside over Your creation.
I find You in me and I am grateful
I find You in people and I am grateful
I find you in the garden, and I am grateful
Everywhere I look, I see Your magnificence, and I am grateful
Not even Your creation can contain You
Nor can I imagine the lengths and depths of Your greatness.
Thank you for the very food we eat
and Your provisions for us.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Go ahead....Make my day!